Scruples Blazing Highlighting Color System is designed to highlight up to 7 levels and deposit permanent haircolor on natural or tinted hair in a single process. This system contains five rich, permanent oxidation haircolors which provide 19 highlighting shade selections. The Blazing Highlighting & Color System offers options from the coolest ultra light blonde to pale vanilla blonde for light hair and offers options such as chestnut, caramel and warm reds for darker hair.
Another advantage of Blazing Highlights is that this system can be used with any other permanent color line on the market. This system is so unique that it highlights and deposits permanent hair color in a single step and can be applied on top of wet, processing hair color which saves the colorist a lot of time. This product is easy for colorists to use. Since it does not use greater than a 20 volume developer, clients are never left with over-lightened hair.
How To Use
1. Determine the clients natural or tinted hair color level using the Scruples Color Reference Wheel. Part off a section of hair in the crown area and place the wheel on the hair at the scalp. Match the hair color level based on the swatch closest to the clients natural or tinted hair color level. If the client's hair color is in-between levels, always formulate to the darkest level. The hair should be less than 75% gray for optimal results. Use the Scruples Color Reference Wheel to determine the percentage of gray hair.
2. Select the clients desired highlight shade from the Blazing Demonstration Swatch Book or from the top row of the Blazing Formulation Chart.
3. Select the desired highlighting formula. At the top of the Formulation Chart (page 8) find the desired highlight shade. On the sides of the chart select the hair color level and intersect the row and column to determine the formula. The box indicates the required scoops of Blazing X-tra Light Booster Concentrate, amounts of Blazing Highlighting Color Gel and Blazing Oil Lightener, and the amount and volume of Pure oxi Clear Developer to use. In the case of a split box, the left side (medium lift) indicates 1 & 4 levels of lift. The right side (maximum lift) indicates 5 & 7 levels of lift.
NOTE: In order to achieve the proper level of lift when highlighting over previously tinted hair or hair with build-up from hard water, add 1 extra scoop of Blazing X-tra Light Booster Concentrate to the formula. If the hair has both issues only 1 scoop is necessary.
To ensure optimal results, Blazing ingredients must be mixed using the mixing procedure shown on the side of the Blazing Formulation Chart.
Blazing may be used for off-the-scalp highlighting methods (e.g. weaving, slicing or capping). Blazing is not recommended for on-the-scalp lightening.
Blazing highlights may process with or without heat. Process under a preheated dryer with medium heat for 5-20 minutes with a 5-minute cool down. Blazing can also process at room temperature for up to 45 minutes or until desired results are achieved. If a highlighting technique is used that requires the Blazing mixture to be exposed to heat (e.g. capping), a loose-fitting processing cap should be used to prevent the product from drying out.
Rinse hair and shampoo twice with Scruples Renewal Color Retention Shampoo. Rinse thoroughly and spray liberally with NO H2O2 (No Peroxide) to condition, remove peroxide residue from hair and improve color retention. Condition hair with Scruples Renewal Color Retention Conditioner and rinse thoroughly.
Features and Benefits
- Highlights up to 7 levels and deposits permanent haircolor in a single process
- Five permanent colors offer 19 highlighting shade selections
- Never uses greater than 20 volume developer
- Offers controlled lifting action that won't over-lighten hair
- Easy to use highlighting system
- Can be used with any permanent color line
- Allows for processing with or without heat
- Can be applied on top of wet, processing haircolor.
Blazing Color Gel contains Scruples' Protective Barrier Complex (PBX) which protects the color molecule while lifting. The color gel tones the highlighting mixture and can be used as a permanent haircolor.