Illusionist Brilliant Creme Highlights contain Scruples' exclusive Protective Barrier Complex, which protects the dye molecule and deposits hair color deep into hair while conditioning and creating incredible shine. You won't believe your eyes!
This amazing highlighting system has the versatility to be used for traditional off-the-scalp highlighting methods and for unique base breaking techniques. Breaking the base provides the colorist with a creative approach to softening the contrast between natural hair color and highlights, expanding creative freedom and salon service options with beautiful results.
The days of two-process base color and highlights are over. ILLUSIONIST Brilliant Creme Highlights can be applied and processed simultaneously with any Scruples hair color, saving time for both the colorist and their clients.
ILLUSIONIST Brilliant Creme Highlights are formulated with ILLUSIONIST Accelerator Powder to provide controlled lifting action. Formulation options allow for lifting natural or color treated hair, all while leaving hair silky and radiant.
Enriched with a super-charged blend of conditioning acacia flower, antioxidant-rich açaí berry, moisturizing aloe vera and vitamin-rich avocado oil, ILLUSIONIST Brilliant Creme Highlights leave hair unbelievably healthy.
1. Determine the client's natural or color treated hair color level using the Level Finder Swatch Card. If the client's hair is between levels, always formulate to the darker level. The hair color level serves as a guide in determining which Illusionist highlighting formula to use. The Gray Hair Recommendation Chart below shows which Illusionist shades are best suited for varying percentages of gray in the hair. If the client does not have gray hair, select from the highlight shades recommended for the hair color level.
2. Select the preferred Illusionist shade using the demonstration swatch book and place swatches in the client's hair.
3. Refer to the Illusionist Formulation Chart to determine the exact highlighting formula needed. Find the preferred Illusionist shade across the top of
the formulation chart. On either side of the chart, select the client's hair color level and intersect the row and column. The box is split and the left
side indicates the formula for natural hair, the right side indicates the formula for color treated hair. Formulations include the recommended scoops of
Illusionist Accelerator Powder and the amount and volume of Pure Oxi Creme Developer to use. The creme highlight base color is listed below the shade name at
the top of the chart.
NOTE: Do not combine creme highlight shades.
4. Measure the recommended scoops of accelerator powder with the 10-gram scoop provided, ensuring scoops are level, and pour into mixing bowl. Dispense
1 application of creme highlights into mixing bowl. Measure the recommended amount and volume of Pure Oxi Creme Developer and pour into mixing bowl.
Whip accelerator powder, creme highlights and developer to a creamy consistency. Reduce all components in formula by half if a small amount of
highlighting mixture is needed.
NOTE: 4RV, 4R, 5CR and 5CO shades at darker levels do not require accelerator powder.
5. Apply highlighting mixture using an off-thescalp highlighting method (e.g. weaving, slicing or block colouring). Apply to dry hair. Illusionist Brilliant
Creme Highlights are not recommended for on-the-scalp applications. Do not use on hair that is over 75% gray.
6. Process at room temperature for 30-45 minutes or under a preheated dryer (medium temperature) for 15-30 minutes with a 5-minute
cool down. When using a balayage technique where the highlighting mixture is exposed to heat, cover hair with a processing cap to prevent
the highlighting mixture from drying out. For optimal vibrancy over colour treated hair at levels 1-3, process Crimson (4RV) and Scarlet (4R) with heat.
To refresh red and copper shades mix 1 application color with 1.5 oz. Pure Oxi Demi-Permanent Creme Developer and process for up to 10 minutes without heat.
7. To remove highlighting mixture, shampoo twice with White Tea Sulfate Free Restorative Shampoo. Apply Scruples NO H2O2 (No Peroxide) to adjust the hair's pH,
remove residual peroxide, protect the hair, and seal in condition and shine. Leave on 3 – 5 minutes and rinse. Apply White Tea Soothing Daily
Conditioner from scalp to ends. Leave on 1-3 minutes and rinse.
Features and Benefits
- Low-ammonia radiant highlights that leave hair silky
- Offers unlimited creativity with controlled lift from as subtle as 1 level to as dramatic as beyond 7 levels
- Formulation options for highlighting through natural or color treated hair
- 10 brilliant highlight selections ranging from intense reds and coppers to luminous blondes
- Amazing base break formulas offer a creative lightening technique to soften the contrast between natural and highlighted hair
- Saves time for both the colorist and their clients
Low ammonia formula containing Scruples' exclusive Protective Barrier Complex
Formulated with the following:
A conditioning agent that keeps hair soft and hydrated, giving it vitality and shine.
An antioxidant loaded with vitamins and proteins essential to prompting optimum hair health.
Contains minerals, amino acids and vitamins that soothe, moisturize and heal.
Rich in vitamins A, D and E as well as proteins that create an excellent emollient and help maintain the integrity of hair.