Scruples Blazing Highlighting & Color System Blue Oil Lightener is a part of the new oil highlight system, one of the most popular hair-care treatments available. With the blazing system, stylists can customize the coloring mixture to ensure flawless and long-lasting results. One of the best features of this system is that color is reached without double-process bleach and tone highlights, and allows for processing with or without heat to minimize damage.
Blazing Blue Oil Lightener contains Scruples' Protective Barrier Complex (PBX®) which shields hair during the lightening process, leaving it conditioned and shiny.
How To Use
Please follow Scruples Highlighting & Color System Formulation Chart or manufacturer's packaged information.
- Select the desired highlighting formula and the desired highlight shade.
- On the sides of the chart select the hair color level and intersect the row and column to determine the formula.
- The box indicates the required scoops of Blazing X-tra Light Booster Concentrate, amounts of Blazing Highlighting Color Gel and Blazing Oil Lightener, and
the amount and volume of Pure oxi Clear Developer to use.
In the case of a split box, the left side (medium lift) indicates 1 – 4 levels of lift. The right side (maximum lift) indicates 5 – 7 levels of lift.
NOTE: In order to achieve the proper level of lift when highlighting over previously tinted hair or hair with build-up from hard water, add 1 extra scoop of Blazing X-tra Light Booster Concentrate to the formula. If the hair has both issues only 1 scoop is necessary.
- Mixing – To ensure optimal results, Blazing ingredients must be mixed using the mixing procedure shown on the side of the Blazing Formulation Chart.
- Application – Blazing may be used for off-the-scalp highlighting methods (e.g. weaving, slicing or capping). Blazing is not recommended for
- Processing – Blazing highlights may process with or without heat. Process under a preheated dryer with medium heat for 5 – 20 minutes with a 5-minute
cool down. Blazing can also process at room temperature for up to 45 minutes or until desired results are achieved. If a highlighting technique is used
that requires the Blazing mixture to be exposed to heat (e.g. capping), a loose-fitting processing cap should be used to prevent the product from drying out.
- Removal – Rinse hair and shampoo twice with Scruples Renewal Color Retention Shampoo. Rinse thoroughly and spray liberally with NO H2O2 (No Peroxide)
to condition, remove peroxide residue from hair and improve color retention. Condition hair with Scruples Renewal Color Retention Conditioner and
Features and Benefits
- Formulated for on-the-scalp lightening leaving hair & scalp in excellent condition.
- Fast conditioning Blue Oil Lightener formula safely lifts 7 levels when combined with Blazing Highlights X-tra Light Booster Concentrate.
- Keeps hair & scalp moist during the lifting process.
- Deep blue color helps control underlying pigmentation.
- Silky smooth consistency is easily applied with bottle or bowl & brush.
Shields hair during the lightening process, leaving it conditioned and shiny