Step 1 - Preserve. Strengthening Serum: Apply through entire head of hair, including new growth. DO NOT RINSE.
Step 2 - Creme Relaxer Application: Apply Affirm Gentle Assurance Sensitive Scalp Protector to hairline and ears. Part and separate hair into four sections into halves from forehead to nape and then fourths from ear-to-ear. Put on gloves. Set timer according to guidelines shown on amount of relaxer to thinly-parted sections of hair. Begin with the back sections, working downward from the crown area. Proceed to the front sections, working from the crown forward. Apply to nape and hairline areas last. Avoid applying the relaxer directly onto the scalp. For re-touches, apply relaxer creme to new growth only. Avoid overlapping onto previously relaxed hair. After application is complete, smooth the relaxer with the back of rat-tail comb, using thin partings and working in the same direction as during application. Do achieved, rinse the relaxer completely from hair with warm water.
Step 3 - pH Rebalancing/Conditioning: After ample amount of FiberGuard Sustenance Fortifying Treatment and leave on 5 minutes. Rinse hair well, towel blot.
Step 4 - Normalizing/ Cleansing: After thoroughly rinsing the relaxer creme and FiberGuard Sustenance from the hair, shampoo twice with FiberGuard Normalizing Shampoo. The lather will be pink when traces of relaxer remain and white when the hair is completely neutralized. Rinse thoroughly and towel-blot. Maintenance: For week to week maintenance, deep condition with FiberGuard Sustenance Fortifying Treatment. Cleanse condition and style with the Avlon Affirm Conditioning Hair Care System. Moisturize and reconstruct as needed with FiberGuard Sustenance Fortifying Treatment.
What Does this Do
- FiberGuard Creme Relaxer (STEP 2):
- Conditions the hair before, during and after chemical processing
- Formulated with Avlon’s exclusive Fiber Strengthening Complex (FSC), which reinforces the
hair fiber structure during relaxing
- Strengthening polymers in the relaxer creme penetrate hair fibers leaving hair with significantly
more tensile strength and elasticity after relaxing
- Significantly less damaging than conventional relaxers
- Sodium Hydroxide formula available in Mild, Normal and Resistant Strengths.
- Preserves up to 25% MORE of the hair’s strength compared to conventional relaxers
- Ideal solution for relaxing color-treated or damaged hair
- Leaves hair healthy-looking and well-conditioned
- Leaves hair silky-straight, easy to comb and perfectly prepared for styling
- Provides glossy, free flowing, soft, silky styles